Friday, January 8, 2010

Mom and Dad's 50th Anniversary Cake

This is the cake that I made for my mom and dad's 50th anniversary in December. Royal icing roses and gold paper leaves. The gold tinsel on top is from the Christmas aisle at Wal-mart, I was having a hard time finding gold decorations so, even though these were supposed to adorn Christmas packages they worked for a cake top and no one even knew (until now that is). Second cake I have made using columns and they keep getting easier! I found the teal paste food color, loved it and wanted to try it out, they really liked it, had a very wintery look to it!
Teal blue and gold 50th wedding anniversary cake

50th wedding anniversary cake winter blue and gold
50th anniversary cake with teal blue roses and gold leaf
50th anniversary blue and gold cake topper

1 comment: